1. Training on Free Opensource software
2. Installation and training of customized FOSS systems
3. Computer Maintanance
4. Free copies of LankaNet.org Linux to the community
5. Training on Linux
6. Training on Graphic designing
7. Training on basic competence in information technology
8. Migrate to FOSS
Training Course on Free Opensource software
7. and other essential software
Training on Linux
Redhat/Fedora for newbies
Ubuntu for newbies
Linux for power users
LankaNet supported Atomic Energy Authority of Sri Lanka to migrate to FOSS. We are now coducting a training class for it’s staff..
We are serving several governmental and non governmental organizations.Please call 0112726340 to get more information.
Let others know about LankaNEt and it’s services. There maybe lots of people out there in need of these services. Don’t forget that it is strengthening the sustainability of the community by providing LankaNet.org Linux! Please forward this to all to support us.
Dear friends, The long wait is over and the giant is here. Yes, it includes everything we had in earlier versions and additionally, we have KDE, XFCE, LXDE with Gnome and lots of games! So all the Window$ users out there can use KDE inteface which has familiar inteface to Window$.
What’s more and new?
- Chromium browser
- Support for all Ms Office file formats (Open/Edit)
- Abiword and Gnumeric
- English/සිංහල Interfaces for Gnome, Kde, OpenOffice.org and Thunderbird
- Everything needed for software developers. (Make some quality software buddy, and make it GPL )
- Multimedia support (for all known formats)
- Deja Dup backup tool (Backup made easy now)
- Open Cliparts Gallery (Everything is there. No need to look in to your old clipart CDs again)
- Adblock plus plugin
- Netspeed Applet
- Includes all the updates till 19th of November 2010
- Pencil (Yes Make Flash animations with ease!)
Minimum System Requirements
Ram: 512MB (1 GB is affordable these days. so USE more ram for better performance)
Hard Disk Space: 10GB (Installation will occupy nearly 7.6 GB. Yes it’s a beast. I mean it has everything you need!)
contact us on 011-2726340 or email us
Need to install in your institute/Office? We can do it!
contact us on 011-2726340 or email us
Get services to support LankaNet. Or Contact us to know more ways you can help LankaNet.
For the people with Sri Lanka’s so called broadband Internet (Narrowband) please request a free copy by contacting us We Post you a copy absolutely free of charge! (only to Sri Lanka)
Yes! it will be available soon with new changes and added features. This time it will be based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Yes LTS! That means you get updates till 2013. We like to hear your voice. Tell us if you need something to be added or changed in this version. It’s important to have your opinion before completion of this release.
1. KDE Desktop environment
2. LXDE Desktop environment
3. XFCE Desktop environment
4. inxi - basic hardware information
5. Abiword -
7. Chromium web browser
8. hntool – vulnerability scanner
Download it from here
This release is entirely based on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
Includes Multimedia support, Sinhala/Tamil support and Lots of software for your all computer related needs. You will find Office software, Games, Security, Eye candy, Web server, Web development, Software development, Educational, Graphic designing, Animation, Internet software, Multimedia, Support for MS Windows only software and many more for free…
Here you see Software List included with LankaNet.Org Linux v.2
Descriptions of each software and screen shots
System default Password is: lankanet
System requirements for installation:
HDD Space: 8Gb
System Requirements for Live (run from dvd)
LankaNet has created the most feature rich Linux distribution for Sri Lanka! Contact us to get your free copy
- Support for all known multimedia formats
- Sinhala Unicode and Tamil support with extra sinhala fonts
- All kinds of Video, Audio and 3d Animation software
- Complete Openoffice.org office suite
- No need of Internet to install additional software, because it’s all included!
- You can install and use you favorite MS Windows based software!
- Tools for Software Development and Web Development including NetBeans IDE!
- Security tools and many more!
~ More info